Skip to main content

Wonder Woman, the only saving grace of Batman vs Superman

I watched the Batman vs Superman movie with a lot of enthusiasm; I have been anticipating for more than 2 months after it was released.

I was therefore, rather cross when in the middle of the movie, I realized it was pointless. There was not story, at all. The 2 superheroes were great individually, in fact, Man of Steel and Dark Knight Rises are my favorite movies of all time.

When they clashed though, it seemed like senseless violence. I had so many questions; like at what point did Smallville and Gotham become geographical neighbors?

Batman facing Superman: Image courtesy of screencrush.com


That did not stop me watching the entire film though; and was I glad that I did. The final fight scene featuring Batman, Superman vs giant ugly monster had an interesting twist; the introduction of Wonder Woman. And that lady can kick ass!

Played by the extremely hot Gal Gadot, the character introduced feistiness, in the darkness of the fight. Even the soundtrack changed, becoming higher-pitched, funkier, more upbeat. Even in the middle of the fight scene, the Woman smiled, displaying how much fun she was having.

Wonder Woman adding feistiness to the movie: Image courtesy of cinemablend.com

And therefore, I will watch the next movie that comes out this franchise. No matter how much I did not like the story, I will wait for Wonder Woman as well as the Justice League that comes out some time next year.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How well-meaning parents ruined us

Growing up, it was common for our parents to encourage us and tell us how we could be anything we wanted in life. "You can do anything you set your mind to do!" They would cheer us on. "Even the president?" We'd ask unconvinced. "Yes, you could even become the richest man in the world!" All this fascinated us. We vowed to ourselves that we'd in fact become people of substance who would be recognized in the entire world for our achievements. We'd ride in super-yachts like Abramovich and the rest of the mega-rich. We would produce life changing inventions, innovating our way to stardom. We'd become the next prodigy in music and sports. All this is well and good, meant to lift our spirits. Assessing our lives however, no matter how much effort we have put in to realize our dreams and visions, they have eluded us. We have become adept at doing other things though: commenting on FB posts, retweets, identifying the hottest political issue...

Day 14: Jungle Trek

We began the hike at 9am, having split into two groups: the slow team who called themselves torutgas, and the tigers. The tigers took the harder route, while the tortugas took the easy route along the river. With Zack The hike was fun, a lot of fun. We went up hills, down valleys, crossed rivers etc. Some parts were tough. I slipped and fell a couple of times, as did everyone else. We ended up crawling on all fours in some sections, because they were so steep. Because it was a rain forest, it was damp and wet in some sections, and therefore very slippery. We had a break to catch our breaths and get some a fruit snacks. We had lunch at around 2pm. We got to our camp site at 4pm, tired and hungry. Luckily, tea and biscuits were on the ready. After the snacks, we had a dip in the water. It was cool and nice. I also learnt to skip rocks on the water. Afterwards, we changed into dry clothes, had dinner, and more tea and coffee. Then we played jungle games: This is a ...

Day 22: REDD+, Final Dinner

Our day began at 12pm when we drove to the School of Business and Management. We met with Heru Prasetyo who used to work for REDD+. He made a presentation about his work at REDD+. He seemed very knowledgeable about the topic of managing forestry, but he was cynical about the politics of land and forestry management. The bickering between the merged Ministries of Forestry and Environment Missed opportunities by the government when REDD+ was disbanded Funding tied to REDD+ deliverables from the Norwegian government lost due to lack of structure in how the money would be channeled in the government of Indonesia We left at 3pm for Artotel. When we got to the hotel, I napped for an hour. We left for Tugu Restaurant at 5.50pm. A Bali restaurant, it had all the features of Bali: huge carved figures, gamelan music, offerings in front of entrances etc. The dinner was awesome. The most remarkable parts of it included a Balinese dance. It brought back all t...